FIND A COURSE NEAR YOU TODAY
First on Scene’s COVID-Secure Strategy
Training Safely with Us!
All of our classroom-based courses continue to operate under a vigilant COVID-Secure environment to ensure the safety of learners, our trainers, and the wider community.
How we are making our training COVID-Secure
- ● 2 metres social distancing – this will be strictly adhered to at all times and we will be using larger training venues, modified methods of assessment and limited class sizes to ensure this is possible.
- ● On arrival, learners will have their temperature checked using an infrared thermometer. Anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms which include a new continuous cough and/or a temperature >37.8°C, and/or a loss of taste or smell, will be asked to leave the course.
- ● All learners will be asked to thoroughly sanitise their hands on arrival. This will be repeated at multiple intervals throughout the course and trainers will have hand sanitiser and 70% alcohol wipes available at all times.
- ● Each learner will also be issued with a number of individual items to help ensure their personal safety including an individual manikin face/lung and resuscitation face shield (to ensure the safe practice of CPR), a personal supply of bandages, and a face mask.
- ● Infection Control and Prevention training is now included as standard as a first lesson, on how to ensure maximum infection control in their own environments.
Has the Requalification Deadline been updated?
The validity of first aid certificates and paediatric first aid certificates was extended until 31st March 2021, however as this deadline has now passed it is imperative that expired first aiders attend a first aid course as soon as possible.
Has the certification process changed?
We are now issuing e-certificates.
Can I still have courses delivered at my premises?
Yes, our on-site training is available. There are new venue requirements for on-site training in order to ensure adequate social distancing and safety for all. Information about these changes can be found in the next section.
Please contact our customer service team if you wish to organise an on-site course at your premises.
What are the new requirements for on-site training?
Under the current social distancing rules, all learners must be seated 2 metres apart. Whilst maximum number of learners on a course is still 12, the size of your on-site training room is therefore highly likely to determine the maximum amount of learners we are able to train at your premises.
The venue should comply with all necessary Health and Safety standards and should be set up in the agreed format prior to the trainer’s arrival.
Can I train workers that are currently furloughed?
Yes. Under the Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, employees can engage in training without affecting their ‘furloughed’ status. More information can be found here.
What if I can’t attend due to illness or self-isolation?
We have introduced additional flexibility to our terms and conditions to help those who must self-isolate due to COVID-19.
How do I make a transfer or cancel an existing booking?
Please contact our friendly customer service team is available Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm on:
03303 11 21 99*
*Due to high call volumes, we encourage customers to book online where possible.
"I have been using First on Scene for all our First Aid training for the past 4 years. I find them efficient, reliable and professional. First on Scene are able to make the training ‘come alive’ as their trainers have years of real life experience." Hazel Archer RGN, DIP HE (OH), Occupational Health Manager at Greggs
"The feedback I get from my team is always extremely positive and the trainers manage to inject some humour into what can be a very dull subject as I always hear laughing coming from the training room! I would definitely recommend First on Scene Training as your first aid training provider!" Emma Vithlani, Mind
"First on Scene are excellent trainers of First Aid needs. The team regularly trains the First Aiders in the RSPB Northern Region and the service that they provide is second to none." Craig Hartley, Visitor Operations Manager at RSPB
"First on Scene’s training was excellent and the feedback from the clinical and admin staff was extremely positive." Maria Lawton, Practice Manager at Hall Green Surgery
"First on Scene are always very polite on the phone and extremely helpful when we have queries. I find their services very efficient with joining instructions coming minutes after putting the phone down. I would definitely recommend First on Scene and will continue to use their service for any first aid training in the future." Danielle Hunt, Learning & Development Coordinator at Leeds Building Society