FIND A COURSE NEAR YOU TODAY
Did you know that the regulations governing first aid training have changed? To help guide employers through these changes, we have compiled a list of the key facts:
1) Since October 2013, first aid training providers are no longer approved by the HSE.
2) Employers now have a responsibility for ensuring the quality of the first aid training they provide.
● Those choosing first aid qualifications regulated by Ofqual, SQA or The Welsh Government, are not required to undertake due diligence checks on their training provider.
● Those choosing unregulated first aid training are required justify their selection of training provider through ongoing due diligence checks*.
*Due diligence is ‘reasonable investigation’. The HSE has produced a detailed seven page guide covering how these checks should be undertaken and the documents that should be requested when regulated qualifications are not chosen. Please note that trade bodies, badge schemes and other third party assurances do not remove the legal responsibility from the employer.
What you need to do:
If you choose First on Scene as your training provider then you don’t need to do anything.
First on Scene only deliver Ofqual regulated first aid at work qualifications, so you can rest assured that you have fulfilled your legal responsibilities for providing quality first aid training, without having to undertake any complicated due diligence checks.
Click here to download our simple guide to the changes.
To book your training today, simply call 0845 5191 999 or use our online course finder at the top of the page. Alternatively, if you would like any further information or guidance, please call us or email email@example.com and our friendly customer service team will be delighted to help.
● The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l74.pdf
● Health & Safety Executive - Selecting a first aid training provider - A guide for employers: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.pdf
● Qualsafe Awards - The UK’s Largest Awarding Organisation for First Aid: www.qualsafeawards.org
"I have been using First on Scene for all our First Aid training for the past 4 years. I find them efficient, reliable and professional. First on Scene are able to make the training ‘come alive’ as their trainers have years of real life experience." Hazel Archer RGN, DIP HE (OH), Occupational Health Manager at Greggs
"The feedback I get from my team is always extremely positive and the trainers manage to inject some humour into what can be a very dull subject as I always hear laughing coming from the training room! I would definitely recommend First on Scene Training as your first aid training provider!" Emma Vithlani, Mind
"First on Scene are excellent trainers of First Aid needs. The team regularly trains the First Aiders in the RSPB Northern Region and the service that they provide is second to none." Craig Hartley, Visitor Operations Manager at RSPB
"First on Scene’s training was excellent and the feedback from the clinical and admin staff was extremely positive." Maria Lawton, Practice Manager at Hall Green Surgery
"First on Scene are always very polite on the phone and extremely helpful when we have queries. I find their services very efficient with joining instructions coming minutes after putting the phone down. I would definitely recommend First on Scene and will continue to use their service for any first aid training in the future." Danielle Hunt, Learning & Development Coordinator at Leeds Building Society